The Sheridan County Suicide Prevention Coalition (SCSPC) is a group of community members; including lay persons, mental health professionals, teachers, social workers, clergy, survivors of suicide loss, and other individuals who care about the impact of suicide on our community. The Prevention Management Organization of Wyoming, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, the generosity of local philanthropists, and fund-raiser participants support our efforts to prevent suicide.
The SCSPC invites you to explore this site to access resources and learn about our work. If you would like to become a member of the coalition, volunteer for an event, donate funds, or obtain more information, please contact us.
IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS:
call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
text "start" to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741
The Sheridan County Suicide Prevention Coalition has developed a strategic plan that continues to evolve with the community's needs.
Our Vision is a Sheridan County where residents work together to prevent suicide and the devastation it causes.
To make our Vision a reality, our coalition will reduce the stigma associated with help seeking and improve access to mental health care and crisis care.
- Reduce the stigma associated with help seeking.
- Reduce feelings of hopelessness.
- Strengthen social support to reduce sense of isolation, especially among youth.
- Support individuals with a family history of suicide to reduce their risk of suicide.
- Increase access to and help improve clinical interventions and support for help seeking.